Bright sparks with high standards — working with CJ Connally
At CJ Connally, stringent health & safety standards go hand in hand with professional expertise.
That’s why we combine maintaining the most relevant industry accreditations with selecting and training talented staff according to our values.
Being bright sparks with high standards is a continuous commitment — here’s how we do it.
Health & Safety
We approach everything we do from the baseline of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 — all staff are trained in risk assessments and safe working practices according to our health & safety policy and quality and environmental policy from the moment they’re hired.
And to be double-sure that our standards are externally verifiable, we regularly work with independent advisors Full Circle Health + Safety.
As an electrical engineering company, our accreditations include:
- CHAS, NICEIC, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ECA.
We train staff robustly and regularly to meet regulatory requirements and maintain work quality — and every employee is provided with PPE and high-quality tools.
And since it’s vital that we offer customers a wide range of niche services, our staff undertake additional training in disciplines like:
- IPAF Scissor Lift and Boom Lift, PASMA Tower Scaffold, Confined Space, CompEx, First Aid, EUSR Water Hygiene, CCSNG Safety Passport, SPA Safety Passport, IOSH Managing Safely, Asbestos Awareness, Manual Handling and Working at Height.
Working with us
Time-served electricians with years of experience mentor industrial electrician apprentices in our tight-knit team and we’re always interested in hearing from anyone who feels they’d fit in.
Apprenticeships last four years and the scheme is organised through registered charity JTL.
If you’re interested in applying, you might be expected to do the following after qualification:
- Install, test, maintain and repair electrical services & equipment, work indoors and outdoors whatever the weather, work within a team or alone, work on contracts from around the world, develop good working relationships with colleagues and customers, direct and train apprentices, understand wiring and circuit diagrams, diagnose and rectify faults, read and write electrical reports.
If an apprenticeship sounds ideal for you, please send your CV to email@example.com
- Senior Project Engineer – Electrical – Bakery / Industrial
- Approved Electrician – Electrical – Industrial
We’re also always on the lookout for experienced electricians — of you fit the bill, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To chat to us about compliance, customer care or current vacancies, call 01484 461 416.